ADVERTISE IN THIS AREA! EMAIL ME FAST.




Recent Posts

Like Drakieness.com!

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 11, 2010


My Christmas Wish This Year: A NOKIA C7




Imagining Me and Florida with Santa ^_^

It's Christmas time once again! Nothing would ever compare to a Christmas full of laughter, joy, and of course, gifts and treats. Speaking of treats, well, this would bring up a lot of sad memories in my past. A past where my Christmas as a child were never really meant for stereotyped gift-giving and merry family bonding. Yes, i grew up in a town where most of the people celebrated Christmas (even New Years Day actually) as a day where several dishes are prepared and wines or beverages are there to satisfy ones thirst. You know, the real essence is not there. It's just simply eating and partying. I get used to this for a very long time to my adulthood and becoming independent. My parents are the type of people who are very practical. No gifts, they don't bother. It's just a waste of money. Now let's talk about my present life. I live in Cebu City with my sister, miles away from my hometown. Her name is Florida. She's been my close bud among the 5 siblings I have. The reason she's right now staying with me is because after I graduated I told my parents that I would be in-charged for the rest of my sister's education 'til college. Sweet, young, innocent, and gifted with 'brains'. She never fails to make me proud as her brother.


I'm secretly saving for a present for my sister this Christmas. While she's still young, I want her to experience the beauty and love of the Yuletide season from her only family here in Cebu. I want a surprise for her. I'm planning to give her a phone because until now she never had her own phone. I mean, all this time she's just using my old phone whenever I would buy a new one. As a provider for my sister, as an elder brother, and the one responsible for her future I would like her to be merrier this Christmas with a gift from me. I want her to be not accustomed of the old ways we celebrated Christmas in our town. Although, gift-giving is not the only reason for a person to become happy, yet, this is the easiest way for me to bring extra cheers to my sister's face. This is all that I could think of at this time. In short, I am writing this not for myself, but as a way for me to express my wish and good intentions for my sister this Christmas. I've been scouting over the Internet for phones, yes, new phone that would fit her lifestyle. She's hooked into social networking apps, always on the go with her friends on out-of-towns, music lover and a cam whore. I hate to say the last part but yes she is. LoL. TO MAKE THIS INTO FRUITION IS MY ONLY CHRISTMAS WISH THIS YEAR. Nothing else but this. But the bad news is... I was having a hard time, and still is, saving money for this sweet endeavor. Christmas is soon gonna be over in a few weeks time. Well, I said to myself few days ago, "If I really can't make it this year, I'll probably give it on her birthday next year instead."

But guess what? Yes, there's a good news? Oh yeah, as a blogger, although I haven't been that active the past few months, I saw an email of 'hope'. It was an email from Nuffnang presenting a new phone, Nokia C7, as a prize for a particular blogging contest. The phone was awesome. The specs are just what I was looking for. Let me tell you just the few things about this new phone from Nokia. Expect me not to bombard you with brain overloading info. LoL. So are you ready?


The Nokia C7 has a 8 megapixel fixed-focus camera with dual-LED flash and 720p video @ 25fps recording; geotagging and face detection. This is just perfect for a cam whore. LoL. An 8 megapixel phone cam is not that bad. I bet she would really like this so much. And for its multimedia part  and key features, we have the following:
  • TV-out functionality
  • GPS receiver with A-GPS support and free lifetime voice-guided navigation
  • Digital compass 
  • DivX and XviD video support
  • Active noise cancellation with a dedicated mic 
  • Built-in accelerometer and proximity sensor
  • 8GB on-board storage, microSD expandable 
  • Standard 3.5 mm audio jack 
  • Stereo FM Radio with RDS, FM transmitter 
  • microUSB port with USB On-the-go support
  • Flash and Java support for the web browser
  • Stereo Bluetooth 3.0
  • Excellent audio quality 
  • Smart dialing and voice commands 


Well, what more would you ask? And again, this is just so perfect for someone who is always on the go. You have the built-in TV functionality, HD video recording and playback, USB socket, Bluetooth, GPS, digital compass, on-board storage, FM Radio & transmitter with excellent audio quality. And the best is that its design. Well, if you have seen the Nokia N8 model, they're quite similar but it's simpler and comes with more conservative styling. It’s also slimmer – something people will appreciate. And more importantly it’s cheaper, which was exactly the point. The specs are impressive but do well to keep a respectful distance from the Nseries’ finest. 
 The Nokia C7 still gets really close to the N8 in some ways. It’s got the same blazing fast penta-band 3G, a 3.5” nHD AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, a 680MHz CPU and 256MB RAM, which are some good figures for the efficient Symbian OS.

Understandably, some things have been left out. Getting rid of that bulging camera module has brought down the thickness. But still imaging on the Nokia C7 is down to “just” 8MP and fixed focus. However, 720p video recording is still on – as is Wi-Fi b/g/n and Bluetooth 3.0. The internal memory has been cut in half but 8GB is still plenty, considering there’s a microSD slot if you need to expand.

Anyway, the Nokia C7 stands on its own two feet as a touch phone and isn’t just the ginger-haired stepson of the N8. The screen is among the best we’ve seen from Nokia (same as the N8 screen in fact) and the rest of the spec sheet should be music to Nokia fans’ ears.

3 comments:

halojin said...

Good luck po sa ating mga entry! God bless!

quimboph1 said...

goodluck po !!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet! New stuff! More more stuff! Parang tama nga yung sabi ng iba, you can still live an awesome life and still ignore global warming: http://bisayafilms.blogspot.com/2010/12/how-to-ignore-global-warming-and-still.html

Post a Comment